DARLINGTON COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Darlington Raceway hosts the official NASCAR Throwback Weekend Friday through Sunday featuring all three National Series.
The Dead On Tools 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race is Friday at 7:30 p.m.
The Mahindra ROXOR 200 NASCAR Xfinity Series race is Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
The Goodyear 400 NASCAR Cup Series race is on Mother’s Day, Sunday at 3:30 p.m.
As fans prepare to descend on Darlington Raceway for NASCAR’s eighth official throwback weekend, they’ll find a number of activities, from entertainment to up-close and personal encounters with members and legends of the Temple of NASCAR’s fame, evidenced by the nearby, hard-fought races the Too Tough To Tame track is known for.
“For NASCAR’s official throwback weekend, we will once again welcome racing fans to Darlington Raceway with more entertainment options than ever before,” said Kerry Tharp, president of Darlington Raceway. “The fan activities around the facility will entertain fans from the moment they arrive through to the intense racing action featuring the Next Gen race car’s debut in Sunday’s Goodyear 400. We are thrilled to have a host of NASCAR Hall of Famers and legends join us for our festive throwback weekend. We even have some exciting surprises to thank our loyal racing fans and give them the opportunity to create unexpected memorable moments throughout. of race week.
Children from the Pee Dee Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs will be in attendance Friday, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., for the NASCAR Foundation’s Speediatrics Fun Day festival in the College Tailgate area adjacent to the track administration building on Harry Byrd Highway.
Games, activities and all kinds of fun will be available for children.
The Darlington Raceway Throwback Parade returns Saturday at 6 p.m. for the first time since 2019.
Floaters, NASCAR Hall of Fame members and legends, marching band and beauty queens along with old school vintage vehicles will drive through the town of Darlington, to the NASCAR Xfinity Garage in the historic Darlington Raceway field.
Additional opportunities for fans of all ages to have fun and engage on the track will be present throughout the race weekend. Some of them go like this:
- Throughout the weekend, photo moments will take place at various locations around the tracks. Fans can be caught with partner executives from Dead On Tools, Mahindra ROXOR and Goodyear. Cup Series driver Austin Dillon will host a fan photo station at the Goodyear Frame on Sunday from 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. Fans can take photos with Austin on a first-come, first-served basis, only First 100 getting a photo.
- NASCAR Kids Zone will return midway through Darlington’s comeback weekend with mini-golf sets, face-painting stations, puzzles, coloring stations and other kid-friendly activities that kids of all ages can enjoy. Drivers including Noah Gragson will host a kids-only Q&A on Saturday from 11-11:15 a.m. with Erik Jones, who will make an appearance on behalf of his reading program on Sunday from 12:30-12:45 p.m.
- eNASCAR Retro Arcade Presented by Goodyear, a collaboration between Goodyear and eNASCAR to bring retro racing games to the track, will be featured before the green flag on each race day throughout the weekend. Activation includes iRacing simulators, two tents dedicated to retro arcade consoles like Pac-Man, Super Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong and vintage arcade chair racing games, Daytona USA and Cruisin’ USA.
- On Friday, fans are encouraged to wear their vintage NASCAR t-shirts to the track for Throwback T-Shirt Night. The track will be offering official Darlington Raceway Throwback t-shirts throughout race day.
- Darlington Raceway and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) will host a charity cycling event, Too Tough To Ride, on Saturday starting at 7 a.m. The charity cycling event will benefit the South Carolina Coastal FCA. To register and/or learn more about the event, visit org or darlingtonraceway.com/tootoughtoride.
- Darlington Raceway will be giving away Mother’s Day pins to honor and recognize mothers on Sunday. Pins will be distributed to the first 3,500 mothers as they walk through the doors of the Goodyear 400.
Weekend campers can also expect a few surprises around the campgrounds. The Rvezy Infield Camper Hub will feature food, games and a live DJ throughout the weekend as well as an appearance by Chase Briscoe, driver of the #14 Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing in the NASCAR Series Cup, to watch the Mahindra ROXOR 200 on Saturday.
Trackside Live will also make its long-awaited return to the heart of mid-game activity from Friday. Throughout the race weekend, fans will be able to see drivers, personalities, music and all kinds of artists, including:
- Friday 2:30 p.m. Derek Kraus Q&A
- Friday 3:30 p.m. Rory John Zak Group
- Friday 4:30 p.m. Matt DiBenedetto Q&A
- Friday 5:30 p.m. The Travelin’ Kine group
- Saturday 9:30 a.m. Six String Soldiers Band
- Saturday 10:30 a.m. Myatt Snider Questions & Answers
- Saturday 10:45 a.m. Q&A with Riley Herbst
- Saturday 11:15 a.m. Band of 20 rides
- Saturday 12:00 p.m. Jeb Burton & Ward Burton Q&A
- Saturday 12:20 p.m. Q&A on Bobby Labonte and Ron Hornaday Jr.
- Saturday 4:15 p.m. The Tim Clark Group
- Sunday 9:30 a.m. Bailey Road Strip
- Sunday 11:00 a.m. Door, Bumper, Clear Podcast with guests Red Farmer and Donnie Allison
- Sunday 11:45 a.m. NASCAR Moms Q&A
- Sunday 12:30 p.m. Q&A with Chris Buescher
- Sunday 1:00 p.m. Q&A about Brad Keselowski
- Sunday, 1:15 p.m. Stacking Pennies podcast by Corey LaJoie
- Sunday 2 p.m. Dave and the Sol Beats Band
Fans will be able to see local bands perform midway through the band performance stage throughout Saturday and Sunday. The schedule is below:
- Saturday, 10:40 a.m. Carolina Forest Performing Arts Academy
- Saturday, 11 a.m. Dance of the Divas of Perfection
- Saturday, 11:20 a.m. Upstate Dance & Baton
- Saturday, 11:40 a.m. Dance Lab
- Saturday, 12 p.m. Extraordinary Dance
- Saturday, 12:20 p.m. United Dance
- Sunday, 12:00 p.m. Unique Steps Dance Studio
- Sunday, 12:20 p.m. Mindy’s Dance Attack
- Sunday, 12:40 p.m. Royal Legacy Dance Academy
- Sunday, 1:00 p.m. Studio Z
- Sunday, 1:20 p.m. Robin’s Dance Academy
- Sunday, 1:40 p.m. Seven Lakes Dance
- Sunday, 2:00 p.m. Dancers Edge Revolutions
- Sunday, 2:20 p.m. Emerald City Dance Explosions
Stay up to date with all the activity in and around Darlington Raceway over the throwback weekend at www.darlingtonraceway.com/fanguide.
NASCAR tickets are available for purchase by phone at 866-459-7223 or online at darlingtonraceway.com.
Copyright 2022 WMBF. All rights reserved.